COVID-19 and your dental appointment
Additional precautions we have introduced:
- Spacing our schedule to reduce the number of people present at one time
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitiser for patient use
- Decontaminating commonly touched surfaces more regularly throughout the day
- Providing patients with a pre-procedural mouth rinse prior to commencing treatment.
- Removed magazines and toys from waiting area due to risk of contamination
- Closely monitoring updates and recommendations from trusted sources
Please postpone non urgent appointments if:
- You are unwell
- Have a fever
- Recent overseas travel from an COVID19 affected location within the 14 days
- Arrived in Australia from midnight 15 March 2020 you must now self- isolate for 14 days
- Been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID19
- Suspected of infection
- Serving a self-isolation period
Suspected of infection or currently serving self-isolation
Phone our practice and we will discuss the additional precautions required for the safe provision of emergency care.
A person confirmed to be infected will most likely be admitted to hospital. Should emergency treatment be required the hospital has the facilities needed to carry out emergency care safely.
You’re also welcome to contact the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus health information line on 1800 020 080 or visit the Department of Health website.