At Greenland Dental we take great pride in caring for your family’s teeth. All our dentists are great with children and create a calm and stress free dental experience for children of all ages. Our dentists can help you learn about what you can do to prevent your child developing tooth decay, gum disease or other problems.
By starting early with regular dental check-ups, children feel comfortable in the dentist chair and learn good habits for a lifetime of good dental health. Leaving a child’s first visit until they are in pain will create a negative impression of the dentist.
The Australian Dental Association recommends your child’s first visit should be when their first baby tooth erupts or when your child is 12 months of age. Regular dental check-ups ensure we can identify and treat problems early. Prevention is better than cure, so the earlier your child visits the dentist the better.
Baby teeth are not only needed to eat and speak with, they also hold the space in the jaw for permanent teeth that are growing under the gums. Decay in baby teeth could also mean a higher risk of decay in permanent teeth later on. Your child’s permanent teeth will begin to erupt at approximately six years of age. The immature enamel on newly erupted teeth is more susceptible and less resistant to decay. Your dentist may recommend sealing newly erupted molar teeth to protect them during this crucial time.
During your child’s check-up appointment your dentist may discuss with you:
- Teething and space issues
- Brushing techniques
- How your child’s teeth come together when they bite
- Habits, such as thumb sucking
- Risk of decay and how to prevent it
- Dietary advice
Even though routine dental check-ups may seem expensive, it costs much more in the long run to treat dental problems. We hope that by partnering with private health funds and government schemes, we can help make preventative dental services more affordable for you and your family.
As a recognised provider our practice ensures:
- Children eligible for Medicare’s Child Dental Benefits Schedule can receive up to $1000 in bulk billed dental services over a two year period
- HCF members receive 100% rebate on preventative treatment
- Bupa members receive 100% rebate for dependants (depending on your level of cover)
- NIB members receive a better rebate on all services by attending a preferred provider clinic like ours
We appreciate how busy you are, so book your next appointment online by clicking here Prefer the phone? Call our friendly reception team on (07) 5495 4266 to discuss how we can help look after your family’s dental care.